Subregional Program Director, East Africa (EA)
The Subregional Program Director for East Africa (EA) is responsible for the strategic positioning of health within the highest political organs of the Subregional Integration Mechanisms in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda; for providing subregional technical cooperation to advance the public health agenda within the East African Subregion; and for building synergistic partnerships with the subregional institutions. This specifically focuses on public health issues which would benefit from economies of scale and for which agreement on proposed collective responses and actions would produce a far greater impact rather than individual country responses.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in business development and:
- Provide strategic leadership and coordination between IMC and the major Integration Mechanisms within the subregion;
- Lead IMC’s work and specifically the health diplomacy and political interactions with the Subregional Integration Mechanisms;
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at influencing the political decision-making level to advance subregional adoption of the Organization’s mandates;
- Position IMC as the lead health agency among the highest political organs of the Subregional Integration Systems;
- Work closely and collaborate with the subregional intergration mechanisms to ensure that their health agenda is well positioned on the global arena (G-7, G-20, G-77);
- Lead the networking and cross-fertilization among the subregions to promote solutions to health problems that may be common to all;
- Identify and promote potential or actual opportunities for cooperation in health development among all subregions through the Cooperation among Countries for Health Development (CCHD) initiative;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Limited experience at consultancy preferred;
- Great interpersonal communication skills;
- Keen eye for spotting data trends;
- Great analytical skills;
- A keen grasp of information technology;
- Professional demeanor;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients;
- Positive, “can do” attitude.